basic info (i think)

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

basic info (i think)

Postby PoolQ » Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:56 am

i downloaded the vb Lib and the logger plugin
i am sending commands to girder
i want to trigger the UIRT learned commands
but cant figure out what to send to girder to do it

the commands in gerder on the left window
has a folder "TV"
commands are in the folder
"PowerOFF"
Dev: 18 TV-PowerOff 14:59:01 Sunday, March 30, 2003

thats what i get in the logger

i have tried Dev 31
and various combinations of TV and poweroff

any hints as to what i should send to get UIRT to send power off to the tv?
PoolQ

Postby jrhees » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:12 am

PoolQ,

You'll probably want to direct this question to the Girder forums (www.girder.nl), but it is my guess that you need to take the 'TV/Power Off' command in Girder and and use the 'Learn' button on the Girder main window to 'teach' girder an event you want that command to be triggered by. Most likely that will involve hitting the 'Learn' button, after which Girder will say "Waiting for IR event" at the bottom and at that point you'll want to send your VB command, which Girder should see as an event and will associate that event to the command.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

found it :)

Postby PoolQ » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:24 am

yep that will work, but I selected girderevern, then learn and typed a unique identifer, in this case "tvon" and this is whats sent to gerder.

everything is working just great, documentation is a little "lite" on gerder but the project is easy now that everyone else has done most of the work. Using gerder and your URIT it now comes down to creating a GUI and the application is done.

Now i am wondering just how much girder really does (for this basic app) and how much is done in your UIRT and plugin
PoolQ

Postby jrhees » Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:58 pm

PoolQ,

If you are simply using Girder for triggering from VB and are not using the other features of Girder you might want to consider:

1) Making use of Girder's other features :)
or
2) Using your VB app to interface directly with the USB-UIRT API. The developer's API is nearly ready, and if you're interested you should email support.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting