Girder, Sage TV

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Girder, Sage TV

Postby froompy » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:50 am

Received USB UIRT 1 week ago and am having trouble with Bell Expressvu 2700 receiver (and remote). The remote does not work and I believe (from other posts) I tried most things to get it to transmit to Sage and the receiver. Any help John here would be most welcome.
From reading other posts, your support to others is outstanding from my point of view.
froompy

Postby jrhees » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:56 pm

froompy,

What model USB-UIRT did you get?

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby froompy » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:01 pm

I know it's not the one that has the 56KHz IR Sensor (if that's what you mean). If not, I'll physically ckeck the UIRT.

Totally!!!!
froompy

Postby jrhees » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:24 pm

I am 99% sure that the EVU remote is a 56KHz remote, which would explain why the USB-UIRT is not 'seeing' the EVU remote. You should *still* be able to 'learn' the remote's codes for controlling your STB (although you probably don't need to do this in Sage but instead simply pick the Dish Network setup since they are the same hardware). What you will *not* be able to do (since your USB-UIRT is not the 56KHz version) is use you EVU remote to navigate/control Sage. If you want to use a remote and the USB-UIRT to control/navigate Sage you will need to use another standard remote.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby froompy » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:11 am

I guess I should clarify a little. I am using a Marantz RC2000 learning remote. It seems like I can have one but not both (either control sage or control stb). Or even if I take my dvd remote and try to use that for both, it does not work.

Totally!!!!
froompy

Postby jrhees » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:02 pm

OK, I admit I'm a bit confused at exactly what you're trying to do.

1. The USB-UIRT should be able to change channels on your STB (with Sage's help) -- does this work?

2. You should be able to use your Marantz remote, set it to use a codeset for some piece of equipment you do not own, and go to Sage's Advanced setup to learn the buttons on your remote and map them to actions in Sage. Does this work?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting