USB-UIRT Transmitter issue

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT Transmitter issue

Postby sarunk » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:31 am

Hi,

Following is my system configuration where I have the USB-UIRT,
- USB-UIRT driver version3.1.2.0
- USB-UIRT plugin v3.2.0
- Girder 4.0.14
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4

I am using the UIRT as a transmitter to control digital TV's which we are working on. I was able successfully make the UIRT learn the IR-codes. I am able to transmit them by invoking the API provided by the plugin with the desired results.

But, I am having one issue. I am having 3 systems and a single UIRT controlling all of them. I see that after some time, all the systems are not in sync. Looks like some of the systems have have not received the IR-command, which is causing them to go out of sync. Say, if the IR is controlling some menu option, one of the system is still in the previous screen while the other systems have gone to the next screen. The system in the previous menu might have missed the IR-command to transition to the next menu.

Is there any way to make sure that such a scenario does not happen? I have observed this happening in a single system too. I have written a script to traverse through all the menu's. If one of the command is missed, the script is expecting the system to be in a particular menu, but the actual system is in a different menu.

Is there any way to get over this situation?

Regards,
Sarunk
sarunk

Postby jrhees » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:28 am

If all three systems are seeing the same IR transmission but sometimes one or more of the systems is missing an IR code, you may have:

a) IR interference with something else
b) line-of-sight issues
c) the IR codes are not being transmitted long enough (repeatCount parameter needs to be increased).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting