Trouble with repeated numbers

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Trouble with repeated numbers

Postby cobyco » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:23 am

Yes - that old problem again.

I'm trying to switch channels on a Pace d2000 STB which is provided by ntl. The channels will switch as long as there are not two consecutive numbers. However, if there are ( e.g. 111, or 22 ) then the channels switch to either 1 or 2 in the examples above.

I have tried adjusting the number of repeats from 2 through 9, but still no luck.

As far as I can see from reading other posts, the answer might be to insert a delay between the numbers. If this is the case, how do I do this.

If this will not work, any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Dave ><
cobyco

Postby jrhees » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:30 am

Dave,

What software are you using (Sage, Girder, etc.)?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby cobyco » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:27 pm

Jon,
I'm using GB-PVR - no other software.

The signal is also being sent by Marmitek Pyramid from Room A to room B, but I don't think that's the issue, as the remote control switches channel over this connection fine.

Also, just for your info, I am connecting to a digital Pace 200o box which uses irda - but the red-eye is working ok with other remote controls, which leads me to believe it has something to do with the USB-UIRT settings

Dave ><
cobyco

Postby jrhees » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:07 pm

cobyco,

I am pretty sure this is being caused by the issue that your sat box wants to see alternating codes on each successive keypress.

There is a way to manually work aroud this, but it requires modifying the IR code strings on the GBPVR channel changer plugin for the USB-UIRT.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with this plugin (GBPVR's) to know where the IR code file is found. If you can locate it, email it to me at support@usbuirt.com and we'll go from there.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Issue successfully resolved

Postby cobyco » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:02 pm

Jon was completely correct. My ntl remote toggles betwen alternate codes for the same number.

A slightly revised driver, and the insertion of new codes got me the solution.

All praise Jon's support !
cobyco

Postby jrhees » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:44 pm

For this issue I will be making a write-up on how to work around it...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting