Confirm Wake from S3 Standby

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Confirm Wake from S3 Standby

Postby niczoom » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:54 pm

Im very interested in purchasing an USBUIRT but would like to clear up some questions i still have:

After reading the following post http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=952 I have the following questions:

1. Going from the above post do we NEED girder to program the USBUIRT device to get it to wake-up from S3 Standby when an IR signal is sent to it.

2. Since programming the USBUIRT using the Irnhelper did not work for the person in the above post has the Irnhelper been updated to correctly program the USBUIRT yet? If not and the above paragraph is true then will have to find a copy of Girder to do the job? Is this correct?

3. In the Device Manager do I ALSO need to check the 'Wake from standby..." box in the USB Hub/Power Managment OR does the programming of the USBUIRT device though girder or Irnhelper do the same job as if I checked the 'Wake from standby.." box in the USB Hub/Power Managment.

Thanks,
Nic Harding[url][/url][url][/url]
niczoom

Postby jrhees » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:49 pm

Niczoom,

The latest version of lrnHelper can program the wake-up features: www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_4.zip

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby blader » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:11 am

I am wondering if you had success programming your USB-UIRT to wake your system.....I am trying to do the same thing. I am thinking that some IR code is required for my remote that will initiate the command to Windows XP. If thats the case I dont know where to find it and am wondering what kind of remote/codes you used? I use a Universal MX500.
blader

Postby oshogg » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:18 am

jrhees wrote:Niczoom,

The latest version of lrnHelper can program the wake-up features: www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_4.zip

-Jon

I just used lrnhelper_0_0_5.zip and that seemed to work for me to program the wake-up feature. My PC is now waking up from S3 with USBUIRT.

thanks,
Osho
oshogg

Return to Troubleshooting