repeating codes

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

repeating codes

Postby cpdlink » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:19 pm

hello from canada,

i am the happy user of a harmony880-usbuirt-girder4 combination, i only need some fine-tuning advice (i hope!) and i must say, i am not an expert...

my problem is that the following buttons: vol+, vol-, mute, ch+, ch-, ch prev send a series of 4 or 5 identical ir codes instead of one, therefore i had to adjust the "Anti repeat" setting in girder to 500ms (half a second) or more in order to change the channels one after another for instance.

it works fine, but when i want to go quickly past some of them, it goes, you know, one channel each half second - which is really annoying

an other example is when a commercial starts, which is usually louder than the movie, you quickly reach for the remote, press the button and the volume goes down by one, you guessed, each half a second - i know i could set +5 and -5 for volume change, but then when you want it just a little bit louder it goes in jumps by 5

the over all impression is that that changes are not very smooth

i do realize that is nothing wrong with the usbuirt receiver but i was wondering if somebody else has experience with same kind of behaviour and if there is a solution...

thanks,
chris

i am using:
- usbuirt plugin version 3.2.1 (the one that comes with girder)
- usbuirt driver version 3.1.2.0
- girder 4
- logitech harmony880
- winxp pro sp2
cpdlink

Postby jrhees » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:54 pm

Girder4 *does* support a Event-Begin and Event-End functionality. To turn this ON in the USB-UIRT-Girder4 plugin, go into the USB-UIRT's plugin settings in the Girder4 Plugin Control Panel.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting