Power Surge on Hub Port

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Power Surge on Hub Port

Postby aclarke » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:28 pm

Hi. I've had a USB-UIRT for a few weeks now and I'm using it with SageTV. I'm using a trial of Win2k3 on an older AMD Thunderbird with an MSI motherboard. The USB-UIRT is the only item I have plugged into the USB ports.

Every few minutes to few hours, my USB-UIRT will stop working. I won't be able to change channels and I don't see the red light flashing on the front of it. When I exit SageTV, I'll see the "Power Surge on Hub Port" error message. When I reset the port, my USB-UIRT works again. I don't think it's coincidence.

What might be coincidence is that the Hauppauge remote that came with my PVR-250 card will also stop working intermittently, but I'm just throwing that in here as info, since I don't think it happened before installing the USB-UIRT.

What can I do to solve this problem? I'm using a USB2 port plugged into the motherboad via daughter card, provided by MSI with my motherboard. I'm wondering if buying a USB2 PCI card might solve this problem, but I don't really want to spend the money and time if it's not going to solve anything.

Thank you very much!
- Andrew Clarke.
aclarke

Postby aclarke » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:15 pm

After typing my message, I went to the computer and noticed the USB-UIRT was once again not responding. This time, however, I didn't see a power surge warning. I restarted the SageTV service and my USB-UIRT started working again. So maybe this problem is more Sage-related. I'll post on their forums too.

- Andrew.
aclarke

Postby jrhees » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:57 pm

Contact support@usbuirt.com regarding this issue.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting