Sky (UK). Some remote features not learned.

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Sky (UK). Some remote features not learned.

Postby johnd » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:04 pm

Hello all,

Got my USB_UIRT yesterday, and been noodling around with it and some software. Tell you what, that little black box is a great bit of kit.

Anyway I have a problem.

Most of the codes from my UK Sky remote control have been learnt by the UIRT (all the digits, vol up/down channel up/down etc). But a number of buttons do not learn - namely the 7 at the top of the remote - "TV" "Sky" "Power" "tv guide" "box office" "services" and "interactive". The learning process gets to 36% and stops. Also, the light on the remote cuts out at the same time as the learn stops. For all the other buttons on the remote the light stays on until I release the button.

Does anyone know how I can learn these buttons, or can anyone point me at the IR codes so I can import them "by hand".

Thanks,
johnd.
johnd

Postby johnd » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:43 am

Ah ha,

If I use Jon's lrnhelper and hit the "Accept Burst" button I get a useable code returned. I can transmit this via the UIRT and it seems to work OK.

I've had a look at the trydrv.cpp developer sample that Jon also provides but I cannot see how I can set the "Accept Burst" option programatically. The learn buffer is not filled if I hit the cancel button.

Anyone know how to use this "Accept Burst" feature programatically?

Thanks.
johnd

Postby jrhees » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:36 pm

Contact support@usbuirt.com for details on the modification to the API.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting