DirecTV RC23 Remote, SageTV, And USBUIRT

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

DirecTV RC23 Remote, SageTV, And USBUIRT

Postby asthepenguinflies » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:08 am

Ok, so here's the problem, I have a Directv RC23 (Basic Infra-Red Universal Controler for current Directv STBs) the problem is that when I have sage learn a command through the usb uirt it results in a button that when pressed, often sends two presses (As in, "Up Up" instead of just "Up"). It's almost as if the USBUIRT is too fast for my fingers. One pressing comes off as two a lot of the time (I feel like a ninja trying to tap it fast and let go).

So I guess I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this. It seems if I could lengthen the time that the usbuirt takes between sending signals to sage it'd work (Tell it not to send a repeat unless it's been a certain amount of time since the last one).

I've tried searching the forums, but honestly don't know what to look for. Any help would be much appreciated
asthepenguinflies

Postby craigap » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:12 pm

This sounds like was confusing me when I first set up sage and the USB UIRT. The deal with mine was that the remote sends two codes per button push. You have to go into sage's remote setup and when linking a button to a command make sure you press the button at least two times or until no more codes show up under that command.

Craig
craigap

Postby asthepenguinflies » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:08 pm

The guys on the sage forum tell me I'm gonna have to change some properties in the sage file. I'll try that.

The remote does have multiple codes I think on some of them, but it's mainly the speed that it does things.

I'm gonna try editing the properties, and see if it solves the problems.

Thanks for the insight!
asthepenguinflies

Return to Troubleshooting