Repeating FF and REWIND commands

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Repeating FF and REWIND commands

Postby MarkS » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:14 pm

Hi All,

I’ve got a problem I haven’t seen discussed before. I’m using the USB-UIRT to spit out commands to all of my equipment, but I’m using a Remote Wonder II (a radio frequency remote) to send the commands. Girder 4.0 is the go-between. So I’m only using the USB-UIRT for output. Almost everything is working fabulously.

The only issue I’ve got is rewinding and fast-forwarding on my VCR (tapes, how ancient, huh?). It only goes in short bursts. I believe that the VCR remote sends a FF command followed by several “REPEATâ€
MarkS

Postby jrhees » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:24 pm

MarkS,

This is probably not the right solution but you may be able to make use of changing the 'Repeat' setting for the IR code in Girder (on the USB-UIRT screen).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby MarkS » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that's the first thing I tried. It would probably work if I was using an IR remote, but with the Remote Wonder II, I just get the same command repeating. I was hoping that someone might know how to turn a repeating Girder command into a steady "REWIND, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT...." series of commands as long as the button is held down, and then how to force the USB-UIRT to send that series instead of "REWIND, REWIND, REWIND...." in the same situation.

Mark
MarkS

Return to Troubleshooting