Inconsistent operation with Scientific Atlanta

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Inconsistent operation with Scientific Atlanta

Postby hjackson » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:44 am

I am getting inconsistent results with the Scientific Atlanta digital cable box. The first few days I used it, it worked flawlessly, then one day for reasons I cannot explain, it stopped working. No adjustments of the IR, IR cable or redownloading of the IR codes helped. Then, for no reason it started working again... then it stopped working. Operation had been inconsistent for a few more days, then it stopped working all together. Switching from my "learned" to some Pronto files did not help. For the last few days it has completly stopped working. All other IR codes have worked fine.
I know that the Scientific Atlanta uses a higher frequency, but I would then expect the USB-UIRT to either work or not work. Can someone help me through this problem?
Thanks in advance!

hjackson
hjackson

Postby jrhees » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:06 pm

What app are you using to control the USB-UIRT. Have you tried adjusting the 'repeat' setting (available in Girder and some other apps)? Some boxes require a longer burst...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby hjackson » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:40 am

I am using Xlobby and the commandline app. In Xlobby the repeat setting can be changed. I have tried repeating 3 and 4 timese without success. It's really strange that this device could have worked so flawlessly initially and now not respond to anything, not even relearned codes or stock Pronto codes!?

hjackson
hjackson

Postby Frank Mc Alinden » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:41 am

Possible it might need to change the remote batteries ???...

Frank
Frank Mc Alinden

Postby jrhees » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:18 pm

Try changing the repeat value in the command line app and try repeats from 1 to up to 10. Also, are you using external emitters or the built-in blaster. If using the blaster, make sure you're not too close...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby hjackson » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:28 am

Increasing the repeat value to 10 did not work. I am using an external emitter. I have tried different emitters and have moved the location of the emitter. It almost seems like something on the cable box was activated to block the IR signals. I just can't explain why it worked so good at first, then started to get flakey, then stopped alltogether.

hjackson
hjackson

Return to Troubleshooting