Multiple events, same button

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Multiple events, same button

Postby bwill » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:05 pm

I have an older (6-7 years) Mitsubishi 35" tv and I'm trying to use its remote to control my htpc with the usb-uirt. It's got a remote that can emulate cable box remotes and vcrs, but it's from before dvds were around, to give you an idea of its age.

While I learn a command (in the uirt dialog), I think the dialog says that it's at 32.3 khz, but then the drop down box gets set to DC. Testing fails initially, but if I change it to 35 khz, and test the command, it succeeds.

But Girder can't seem to learn any events. Whether I'm close or far away, it seems to cycle through half a dozen event strings. I'd love to get this remote working..

--Brian
bwill

Postby jrhees » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:49 am

Two issues:

1. The fact that the selection goes to 'DC' after learning is a bug in the current Girder plugin.

2. The problem you're having with normal events is that the long-range IR sensor has a sensitivity from about 36 to 40KHz. The 32KHz carrier of your remote is essentially barely getting through the sensor. Unfortunately, the only ways to remedy this would be 1) A different sensor installed in the USB-UIRT, or 2) If possible, reprogram your remote to emulate a different brand of VCR/etc--since different brands of equipment use different frequencies.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting