Conflict between USB-UIRT and NIC?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Conflict between USB-UIRT and NIC?

Postby newmedia42 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:51 am

I have the latest version of the driver (1.3), which I'm using on the ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe which has a Marvell-chipset NIC. It is used exclusively as a SageTV machine, running WinXP Home. It ran flawlessly for several months, but suddenly SageTV stopped being able to change the channel via the USB-UIRT when recording. From the SageTV LiveTV control it changes channels on the cable box correctly, if you perform any of the tests via Sage they all work properly. SageTV is sending information to the USB-UIRT (you can see the LED flash as if it were sending), but the cable box doesn't respond to any of the signals (the USB-UIRT is about 1 inch from the cable box, and using the test it receives 100% of the test signals).

I've been working with SageTV support for a few weeks now, and they came back with this:

"I had the developer look at the log files and he says it's a problem with
the UIRT and your network. He says the client is sending the signal fine,
but the UIRT is doing something weird."

And suggested I contact you about the problem. They also included another test app (irnhelper), but it works fine also. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, since I'm at my wit's end on this!
newmedia42

Postby jrhees » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:32 pm

Wow,

I have no idea what could be happening here! The fact that all tests work (both in Sage and with the lrnHelper app) really makes me wonder.

I can create a special version of the SageTV USB-UIRT plugin you can try which will output some debug information which might give us some clues.

I cannot see why/how your network could have anything to do with this either.

Please contact support@usbuirt.com -- also please email me your .IR file

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting