100% CPU Utilization in Girder

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

100% CPU Utilization in Girder

Postby pgordash » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:31 am

I recently update my system to Windows 2000 SP4, and I am now experiencing problems with my UIRT. When the device (USB UIRT) is activated in Girder, CPU utilization jumps to 100%. I am using the latest girder plugin and V3.3.2 of Girder.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
pgordash

Postby jrhees » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:25 pm

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the USB-UIRT drivers (inside Device Manager). Pull the latest drivers off the web site (support page).

Perhaps something got messed up during the upgrade. Does the USB-UIRT still work with Girder?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby pgordash » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:26 pm

The UIRT still functions with Girder and GB-PVR. Weird thing is that after playing around with both Girder and GB-PVR along with multiple reboots, the problem seems to have gone away! If it does come back, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!
Paul
pgordash

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:50 pm

I had it happen again. It seems to be after doing a windows update that it goes all snakey. I had to unplug the usbuirt, shut down, restart and plug it back in to get it all back and playing happy. It is for sure the usbuit driver as when I disable it in girder, the cpu usage drops.

Not much help but I figured you might want to know.

Paul

Postby jrhees » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:31 am

...very strange...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Frank Mc Alinden » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:19 am

Hi Jon
Not sure if this is any help but i also had the same issue once while playing with girder...BUT i also had this issue with other apps some of the xPL Plugins and today it happened to my Homevision application so it may not be the usb uirt ???
HTH
Frank
Frank Mc Alinden

Same problem

Postby czucker » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:54 pm

I'm also having the same issue. It seems to be random. I don't do any automatic updates of any kind.

If I re-install the USB UIRT in the device manager, the problem goes away, for a while. It eventually comes back and the prolongued 100% CPU usage crashes my system.

I'm running WinXP SP2, Girder 4.03 and the latest USB UIRT drivers.

Any advice?
czucker

Postby jrhees » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:48 pm

czucker,

I possibly could be a bad unit. Here are some things to try (you also should contact support@usbuirt.com):

1. If you have a powered USB hub, try putting the USB-UIRT behind the hub.

2. Try another USB port.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting