"Big Picture" Question

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

"Big Picture" Question

Postby white2833 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:29 am

I think that I'm missing some basic concepts, been working with this for a couple of hours and would appreciate some assistance...

I have a WinXP system with Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350 with SageTV 2.0, which has been working well, with the exception that I must manually tune my Motorola DCT2500 digital cable box (which is connected to the PVR via S-Video and RCA connectors for best quality) to record anything.

Enter my new USB-UIRT which I've been trying to get going. I downloaded the drivers, installed the USB cable, installed the drivers and all looks well. I tested the UIRT by pointing an IR remote at it, and the led blinks...

Now, I went into SageTV, updated the config and told it of the UIRT on USB. I assumed that I would be done. But as I changed channels in SageTV by pointing at the PVR-350's IR receiver which updated Sage (just like it did before), the UIRT didn't send corresponding codes to the cable box...no blinking from the UIRT.

I've been playing with the remapping of commands in SageTV, but I'm confused which remote I should be remapping! Should it be the Hauppauge remote, or the DCT's? Or should I be messing around in this at all?

My vision is to use the hauppauge remote to manipulate channels and control Sage by pointing at the IR connected to the PVR, and the UIRT will strictly communicate with the cable box. Am I mistaken?

Help please!

Lance
white2833

Return to Troubleshooting