HTPC stopped detecting my UIRT

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

HTPC stopped detecting my UIRT

Postby rbarr110 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:45 am

The device works and is detected when I try on a different pc, but stopped working on my HTPC.

When plugged into my HTPC the red light flckers when I use the remote, but is not detected in device manager or by IR helper. Ir helper says it can't find the UIRT and when I try unplugging and plugging the USBUIRT back in, Windows does nothing. It doesnt say new hardware or anything.

I tried uninstalling teh driver and it says it unistalls the driver and registry entries, but when I plug it back in nothing is detected. Is there a way I can force windows to detect it again?

I had been using for over a year with no problems and now it just doesn't want to be detected on my HTPC.
rbarr110

Postby jrhees » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:17 pm

Please contact support@usbuirt.com

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby openboxtt » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:56 pm

What ended up being the solution to this?

I've had my USB-UIRT for 2 months now, and I've realised my HTPC after 5-7 days of uptime exhibiting the same behaviour - eventghost says its not found, the lights blink as recognizing IR signals but the only difference is that a reboot helps it. Hope it doesn't get worse.
openboxtt

Postby Strahan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:09 pm

I had the same problem recently, I finally got an active USB 2.0 extention cable in the mail so I could remove the five or so little USB extentions I had been using to put my UIRT on the far side of the room. Anyway, unplugged it and plugged in the new cable and the UIRT wouldn't work anymore, but it would respond to IR coming in by blinking. Tried uninstall/rescan in device mgr to no avail

So, I decided to start fresh. Went into Girder and disabled the UIRT plugin. Downloaded the UIRT drivers again from the site then went into device manager and uninstalled the UIRT. I then went to DOS and went to the Windows\inf folder and did a find "uirt" /i *.inf and moved the file it found (oem24.inf) to root then went back in device mgr did a scan for new hardware, it found it, asked me for drivers, pointed it to the new drivers I d/led. Back into Girder, reenabled the UIRT and voila, everything happy-happy again.
Strahan

Return to Troubleshooting