Weird problem with NRIRServer for NetRemote and USB-UIRT

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Weird problem with NRIRServer for NetRemote and USB-UIRT

Postby Mastiff » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:20 am

I use my USB-UIRT both with NRIRServ and Girder (for automation), and since I made my new HTPC I have had a strange problem: With NRIRServ I can send a few codes, and then it's dead until I reboot the HTPC. And Girder can't use the USB-UIRT either. Using Girder (without touching NRIRserver) I can send as many codes as fast as I want to. I have the same driver, the same Girder plug-in and the same NRIRserver plug-in. Hold-button repeats are disabled, and the delay is set to 1000 ms. Any good ideas here? I'm going insane! When I close NRIRServ after one of these lockups I get "I failed error 10038". Does that tell anybody anything?
Tor - The Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone audio system
Mastiff

Postby jrhees » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:05 pm

Mastiff,

Way back Ben Sweet (of NetRemote) was trying to debug an issue that sounded like this. I don't know where that effort went, though. Have you contacted him? If I recall correctly, there was some issue where if you pressed buttons in fairly rapid succession, NRIRServ would start creating multiple threads which hosed up the API driver.

If needed, I can create a debug version of the API driver which you can use to do a debug log we could take a look at...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Mastiff » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:08 pm

Hi, Jon! Long time no see, which in this case is a good thing since I haven't had any problems with the unit for so long! :D I have posted this to the NetRemote forum as well, so we'll see. But I may very well take you up on that debug offer! The strange thing is that even if I wait several seconds between button presses it still happens after from one to 4-5 presses. I'll let you know when I hear something at the NetRemote forum!
Mastiff

Postby Mastiff » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:42 pm

Problem solved! Turned out that the output power from the USB-ports on my new mainboard was weaker than the output from the old one, so the USB-UIRT just didn't have enough power with my extension cord. It had enough to function with Girder alone, but for some reason or another that was not enough to run it with NRIRServer. :D
Mastiff

Return to Troubleshooting