PAce STU-100 STB Remote can't be lernt by UIRT :(

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

PAce STU-100 STB Remote can't be lernt by UIRT :(

Postby GPaul » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:48 am

Hello,

I am trying to get sage working with USB-UIRT, when I attempt to learn the remote nothing happens (no red light on the uirt) however when its not learning the red light comes on with each key press of the remote.

Any ideas ????

I can use another remote and it learns it ok, its onlt the remote from the STB
GPaul

Postby jrhees » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:55 pm

GPaul,

Are you using Girder? If so you can see the learn progress bar in Girder go up as the button is being learned (which is helpful for troublesome remotes). Try experimenting with the distance between your remote and the USB-UIRT during learning. Keep in mind that a special 'learn' sensor (short range) is used during learning (a different sensor than the normal long-range sensor used when not learning) and you need to have a direct aim between the remote and the USB-UIRT (a spot just to the left of the RED LED). Try distances between 2 and 8 inches.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby PaulG » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:08 am

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunatly still no go :(

I got hold of girder and installed it OK (even registered it as I will need it a bit later anyway) but girder wants nothing to do with any remote I have :cry: the red light on the USB-UIRT still lights up when I press buttons on the remotes though.

When I try to 'learn' in girder I get no progress bar or anything, girder just sits there and give me a stupid look

I've tried with 3 different remotes (1 of which works with the USBUIRT as it works ok thru sage)

Any other suggestions ???

Regards
Paul.
PaulG

Postby jrhees » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:49 pm

Paul,

Sorry to have you go through the process of installing Girder (I wasn't sure if you were already using it or not).

If you email me at support@usbuirt.com I can send you a simple 'test'/learn app that will help out.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby PaulG » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:48 am

Jon,

I sent an email a week ago & haven't had anything back.
PaulG

Postby jrhees » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:13 pm

Paul,

I received an email from you on 6/10 and responded back on 6/10 at 4:40 pm MST. Can you check that you received it (maybe check your spam box)?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:19 am

Hi Jon,

Checked deleted & SPAM folder but nothing from usbuirt.com :(

can you resend ?

Thanks.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:19 am

Jon,

Problem has been resolved.... the girder issue was me using the wrong plugin..... Oops....

& the sage issue.... I had to delete the .ir file and make a new one,, onc eI did that it co-operated nicely.

now I just have to come to terms with girder (not looking forward to that)

Thanks for all your assistance

Regards
Paul.

Return to Troubleshooting