Problems since disconnecting USB UIRT

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Problems since disconnecting USB UIRT

Postby kanman » Sat May 22, 2004 5:07 pm

Hi All,

I am having a real issue getting the USB UIRT to work again after disconnecting it from the PC to take the PC out last night. I have reconnected the UIRT and reloaded the drivers many times in order to try and get it to work - I use it with SnapStream's Beyond TV. What is happening right now is this.

I have reinstalled Beyond TV, reinstalled USBUIRT drivers. When I open BeyondTV without the UIRT being used it opens and runs fine. When I connect the UIRT and tell Beyond TV to use it it locks my PC up and my virtual memory goes through the roof - over 950MB I only have 256MB right now.

This has been working for 3-4 months without a problem - but last night was the first time I have disconnected from the system. Are there any ideas on what I should do next? I have tried drivers 1.3 and 1.2 and I have installed the new API. I currently do not use this with Girder.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin
kanman

Postby jrhees » Sat May 22, 2004 5:55 pm

email me at support@usbuirt.com and I'll send you a simple 'test' app to verify your USB-UIRT is functioning OK outside of BTV.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby kanman » Mon May 24, 2004 3:59 pm

FYI:

I finally fixed this issue after unistalling both the UIRT and BeyondTV and then going through the reg and selectivly deleting files that Beyond left behind. Reinstalled Beyond then reinstalled the 1.2 drivers and the older API (that was working before) and all is good. Thanks Jon for you help in this.

Kevin
kanman

Return to Troubleshooting