USB-UIRT doesn't learn A/C codes

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT doesn't learn A/C codes

Postby yaccri » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:11 am

I tried to teach it to learn Air Condition codes, with 2 types of A/C, and the learning process failed on both.

One type of A/C is sending all the data when pressing the 'send' key.
The other type of A/C is sending the commands (like temprature+) immediately.

On both types the learning process starts, gets to a certain level (12% on the first type, 24% on the second), and dosen't continue with the learning process.

I have seen the advice of pressing the button very quickly (http://65.36.202.170/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=68&highlight=air), but it does not work for me (checked with the first A/C type only).

I'm not sure which driver version I use, but I downloaded it about two months ago. I use it together with HouseBot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Yoram
yaccri

Postby jrhees » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:42 pm

Yoram,

I am not familiar with HouseBot's USB-UIRT support, but the later USB-UIRT driver and Girder plugin support learning a single 'burst' from remotes that don't repeatedly send out the data. You may want to try the Girder plugin to see if this learn method works for you. The other alternative is to find Pronto codes for your unit, however, I don't know if the HouseBot support allows for importing codes..?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby yaccri » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:18 am

Jon,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I never used Girder before. I installed Girder and it looks like girder was able to learn the 'burst' code. However, the code looks too short (80CDFCFC0FF3). Is this a pronto code? I tried to import it into houseBot (yes, it does allow for importing pronto codes), but it produces an error.

-Is this a 'normal' pronto code? It looks much shorter then any other code I used before. If not, is there a way to convert it into a valid pronto code?

-Is it possible to transmit the code from Girder to see if it works?

TIA,
Yoram.
yaccri

Postby jrhees » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:10 pm

I think you learned in the wrong place in Girder.

Anyway, perhaps the easier way to try this is to get the test App from support (email support@usbuirt.com), since it can learn codes in Pronto format.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby yaccri » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:54 am

Jon,

Thank you for the GREAT support!
I was almost giving up controlling the A/C, but thanks to you, now I can control it. I assume that this issue took a lot of your time, and still you were happy to assist.

Thanks a lot,
Yoram.
yaccri

Return to Troubleshooting