State Count Not working?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

State Count Not working?

Postby ewingr » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:57 am

I probably have something wrong...trying my first state count.

I want to use the Power Button to toggle between loading and unloading my MyHD 120 card. Here is what I have done:
  • I created a MultiGroup
  • I added a command for Open
  • I set the State settings to Count=2, Beginng State = 1 (Expecting first press of IR to load the program...and it does)
  • I created a command for the Open command of O.S. Execute and browsed to the file to open
  • I added a command for Close
  • I set the state settings to Count = 2, Beginning State = 2 (Expecting next click of button to close program, and reset the State to 1)
  • I created keystroke command of Ctrl-X (Check mark in Ctrl, x in Sentence), and clicked on Alternative proc (I don't know why I need to do that, but basic instructions had that done, and it works on individual command)
  • I set the Target to the MyHD window
  • For the group, I learned an event of the IR key
It opens the program, but does not close it. I did test the commands with individual commands, and they both work.

I am presuming I have something wrong with the State, but after reading the help instructions on state on the web site, it looks to me like I'm doing it right.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Roger
ewingr

Postby ewingr » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:15 am

Well, I figured it out.

First, even though the Ctrl-X worked when I had a single command, I had to use the Capture Command (my first attempt...I did it!) to capture teh close of the program.

Then, I had to do the state count to 3 instead of 2; first command Begin on 1, second command begin on 2.

Don't know why the problem with Ctrl-X, but at least I'm going.
Thanks
Roger
ewingr

Return to Troubleshooting