Hauppauge PVR-350 Picture and Sound Freeze with USB-UIRT

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Postby mtudor » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:15 pm

If I don't remove it, the picture is either still frozen, or the screen goes black and frozen.

The red LED still flashes when the picture is frozen if i remember correctly, but i havent checked with girder yet.

I just use the usb uirt to transmit, I don't use it to receive - if that helps. I use the little Hauppauge IR receiver and silver remote for remote control of the pc software.

Cheers,

Mark.
mtudor

Postby jrhees » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:16 am

It will be useful to fire up Girder then and verify whether the USB-UIRT is still talking to the PC.

What I'm wondering is if somehow the USB-UIRT to PC link is getting lost and causing things to hang up.

The RED LED on the USB-UIRT will work even if the PC isn't there...

Let me know,

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby mtudor » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:59 pm

Girder still registers incoming and send outgoing USB-UIRT signals when the picture has frozen...

Mark.
mtudor

Postby jrhees » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:17 pm

Well,

I'm pretty much out of ideas. This is very very strange, and I cannot see what the interaction would be between the idle USb device (USB-UIRT is idle unless sending/receiving IR) and video playback.

Have you tried MSoft's USB update?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822603

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby mtudor » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:41 am

Yup. Tried that.

I wonder if this could be to do with something that happens after x amount of time. Like power down or something. Could this be ACPI in Windows XP - I hear that causes problems. Is there a way to collect logs from the USBUIRT driver?

Cheers,

Mark.
mtudor

Postby jrhees » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:54 am

There's really no logs to speak of. However, that's an interesting idea. What you could try (assuming this always happens after approx X minutes) is to set up USB-UIRT in Girder (not use native BTV support) and then start up Girder X/2 minutes BEFORE launching BTV. It would be interesting to see if that makes BTV die in half the time or still after X minutes.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:26 pm

just a thought, but have you checked the IRQs used by your 350, and checking that any usb devices/ bridges don't share the same IRQ. Also try disabling in bios every device on the motherboard you don't really need (like serial/ parallel ports/ un-used usb interfaces/ on-board sounds/ raid etc etc) in an effort to free up as many IRQs as possible.

I have a pvr350, the usb-uirt controlled via Girder, and use the Hauppauge IR dongle & silver remote (sounds very similar to your setup), though I use on-board nForce2 sound.
Peter

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:57 pm

please check out my thread here:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/foru ... eadid=4483

seems like the same or related problem.

help!

thanks.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:00 pm

by the way i am willing to work with you to try to troubleshoot this--i have sage installed on a dedicated pc so I can do fresh installs, etc.

for example I am thinking of installing win xp in non-acpi mode--do you think that might help?

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting