RAW Mode learning in BeyondTV?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

RAW Mode learning in BeyondTV?

Postby russp » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:17 pm

I have been able to teach Girder to control my Dish Network 7100 WebTV box just fine using USB-UIRT but only when "Raw mode" was checked during learning. In BeyondTV it eventually (during learning) just causes BeyondTV to dump out with an access violation in the USB-UIRT DLL. What exactly is "RAW MODE" and is there a way to get BeyondTV's learning code to make use of it?

Thanks for any help.

- Russ
rusreb@bellsouth.net
russp

Postby jrhees » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:15 am

russp,

BeyondTV *should* be using the equivalent of RAW mode learning...

The Girder plugin you are using is likely not using the USB-UIRT API Driver like BeyondTV is using, which could feasibly make a difference if there is a bug in the USB-UIRT API driver I am not aware of. If you want to verify this, you can download the 'sharing' Girder USB-UIRT plugin (which *does* use the API driver just like BTV does) and see if it still learns and transmits OK. This plugin is at: www.usbuirt.com/latestGirderPlugin.zip

Another thing you may want to try is updating to the latest API driver in case you have an old one. This is found at www.usbuirt.com/latestAPIDriver.zip and you must unzip and copy the uuirtdrv.dll file in the .zip overtopn the one in your Windows\System32 folder.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting