BTV sending change channel command to Girder twice

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

BTV sending change channel command to Girder twice

Postby BTV » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:05 pm

BeyondTV sending change channel command to Girder twice.
This is only happening when I:

a. Enter "Live TV" (on open BTV changes to the last channel that was playing, however it's sending the command twice).

b. From the "Program Guide", selecting "Watch this episode" (same symptoms as above).

Apparently looping the event it is sending Girder.

Steps I've tried:
. Going through the setup wizard.
. Reverting to an older SSGirderTuner.dll version
. Removing all tuners from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond TV\tuner except the SSGirderTuner.dll

Apparently looping when going from Home to Live TV, or from Program Guide to Watch Now - doing it for all length channel changes (i.e. 3, 41, 201, 9717), and all numbers (0-9). It does NOT however do it when I'm in the TV viewer and changing channels.

Any/all advise is appreciated.
BTV

Postby jrhees » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:10 am

Have you tryied using BTV's built-in support for the USB-UIRT (rather than using Girder as a go-between)?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:15 pm

the sending of channel changes twice (when using the USB-UIRT & girder plugin) is a problem with BTV. It used to work fine in BTV/ 3.3, but later versions of 3.4 (definitely 3.4.2/3/4) have this bug.

If you haven't already, you should raise a support query with SS.

Postby jblust » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:55 pm

Is it possible to use BTV's built-in support for the USB-UIRT for sending channel-change commands to my cable box, while simultaneously using Girder and the USB-UIRT for receiving IR commands from my remote, or will the two programs fight over the hardware?
jblust

Postby jrhees » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:20 am

Yes, the USB-UIRT 'API Driver' has special code to allow multiple applications to simultaneously share the device. To use this feature:

1. Make sure you're using the latest 'sharing' Girder plugin (www.usbuirt.com/latestGirderPlugin.zip)

2. Make sure you're using one of the later API Drivers (www.usbuirt.com/latestAPIDriver.zip) -- copy the uuirtdrv.dll in this zip file overtop the one in your Windows\System32 folder.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby BTV » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:17 pm

That's exactly the files I needed, thank you! :D

But why isn't there a link to those files (www.usbuirt.com/latestGirderPlugin.zip and www.usbuirt.com/latestAPIDriver.zip) in the support section?

The only link I see in the support section is pointing to USB-UIRT plugin 2.5.9 (and by the way, "USB-UIRT 2.5.9 is available here" is pointing to 2.5.8), but the latest version is 2.6.x! Also, there is no direct link to the API driver; is this normal?

Thank you for your support!
BTV

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:21 pm

BTV wrote:The only link I see in the support section is pointing to USB-UIRT plugin 2.5.9 (and by the way, "USB-UIRT 2.5.9 is available here" is pointing to 2.5.8 ), but the latest version is 2.6.x!

Part of this sentence was replaced by an emoticon in my previous message... Sorry!

Now it makes sense :wink:

Postby jrhees » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:47 pm

Yes yes I know, I need a web administrator! I'll get these fixed.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting