BEV Dish 4700 recevier not learning codes in Girder

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

BEV Dish 4700 recevier not learning codes in Girder

Postby pgordash » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:19 am

Just got my USB-UIRT and was excited to try it out. I am using a Bell Expressvu 4700 (same as Dish Network) receiver with V3.3 of Girder. I try to learn some remote codes for the receiver's remote and I cannot get the USB UIRT to respond. I have tried from right up to the UIRT to 6 feet back. I try my DVD player remote and it has no problems (red LED lights up like a christmas tree). What the heck am I doing wrong?! Someone please help me out!

Thanks,
Paul
pgordash

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:48 am

Figured it out. The remote is very picky on the position when learning codes. Took a while but I got them. I still can't use the remote to trigger IR events through girder though. No big deal though.

Postby jrhees » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:29 pm

Paul,

Take a look at one of the learned codes from the remote and see what the carrier frequency shows up as. If it is 56KHz and you have a standard USB-UIRT, it will not be able to see your remote for normal Girder events.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby pgordash » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:33 am

I kinda figured that after the fact. As long as I can output digits to change the channel on my sat. receiver, I'm in business. It took a while to learn them, but I got all the digits into Girder for transmit.

Thanks,
Paul
pgordash

Return to Troubleshooting