USB-UIRT must be enabled after stand-by?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT must be enabled after stand-by?

Postby jcato » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:30 pm

I'm having trouble getting the USB-UIRT to work after returning from stand-by or hibernate. When I resume, I must go into device manager and enable the device. Since this requires a reboot, this will not work. I have the 'restart driver after sleep' setting checked.

I am running WinXP Pro on a P4P800 board. I have the latest USB driver patch from MS that someone referenced in another post.

Girder reports the driver version to be 2.6.3. I'm not sure where to find any other info.

Other than this it is working great! I just have to leave my computer on 24/7, which I'd rather not do.

Thanks!
jcato

Postby jrhees » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:06 pm

jcato,

When you resume, how does the device appear in Device Manager -- does it appear as 'disabled'?

What happens if you try the following:

1. Turn OFF the 'restart driver after sleep'
2. Run Girder as normal.
3. Disable Plugins
4. Sleep or Hibernate the PC
5. Wake PC (at this point see if driver is disabled in Device manager)
6. Re-enable plugins.

Does this sequence work? (I'm trying to determine if the 'restart driver' is causing some issues)

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby jcato » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:14 pm

When I look at the device in Device Manager after returning for stand-by, it says I need to reboot for changes to take effect, even though I haven't actually changed anything yet. Seems like it is trying to restart after sleep, but it requires a reboot to take effect?

I tried you're steps with much the same result. The only difference was that in Device Manager, the USB-UIRT isn't disabled. Even though it is enabled, Girder still does receive input from it.
jcato

Return to Troubleshooting