First figit transmission with sage TV

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

First figit transmission with sage TV

Postby Aganerral » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:44 am

All,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my USB-UIRT trying to control my Motorola cable box with SageTV. If I key in a new channel number with my remote control, a lot of the time the first number of the new channel will not be received by the cable box. However, this problem doesn't seem to happen if I use my keyboard to enter the new channel number (or at least happens much less frequently). The problem seems to be related to the USB-UIRT starting to transmit the number to the cable box just after it has a received a command from from the remote.

I can't find any command in SageTV to insert a delay there, though I've asked for help on those forums as well. Just hopig that maybe someone here knows as well.

Thanks!
Aganerral

Postby jrhees » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:41 pm

Good question -- I don't know if Sage has a configurable delay, but I would suspect that you're having an IR 'overlap' problem -- where the IR from your remote control is still going when Sage starts tuning and therefore your set-top-box gets a corrupted first digit. It could also be a non-overlap issue but your remote is desensitizing the IR receiver on the set-top-box.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting