Possible bug in Girder driver?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Possible bug in Girder driver?

Postby Jeff Bell » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:17 am

Greetings!

First, the good news. I've managed to either a) learn all the codes for our home theatre equipment or b) nab the codes from CCFs and ProntoEdit. I've got "basic" control over our equipment from the PC, and I'm about to put together more complex macros that will finally allow me to setup our system so that a human being can use it. :D Bravo Jon!

Now, onto the "possible" bug. When I imported a "toggle" code from one of the Pronto CCFs, the repeat setting in the USB-UIRT driver window was set to 4. This toggled the device on/off, surprise, 4 times. I wasn't able to set the repeat to 0 by using the arrows, so I set it to 0 from the keyboard, and hit test - the driver locked up, and never came back.

Bug? How would one go about NOT repeating a command, especially for toggle codes? I plan on using discrete codes wherever possible, but there are times when it's not possible to find a discrete code for a particular function. Also, when I set it to 1, it toggled on/off, so I wasn't actually able to change the state that way. Is this "correct" behaviour?

Cheers!

Jeff
Jeff Bell

Postby jrhees » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:45 am

Jeff,

Hmmm.. a repeat count of '1' *should* really mean 'send the code only once'. So, I need to investigate further. Could you please:

1) Paste in a posting the Pronto Code
2) and whatever appears in 'Code 1' in Girder
3) and whatever appears in 'Code 2' in Girder

Thanks!

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting