Issues with USB-UIRT /girder

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Issues with USB-UIRT /girder

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:14 pm

I have girder set up with the USB-UIRT. I have my TV powering on and off as desired. I cannot get my reciever to power on and off reliably.

When I use the test command feature in girder, it powers the reciever on and off everytime so I know my command works and transmits fine. When I have girder open and I click my remote button assigned to power on/off, it jumps to the command in girder but it does not execute but maybe 1 0f 10 times. I've tried setting delays thinking that there was IR crashing.

Any ideas? Reciever is Aiwa. Remote is Haupaugge Silver one. I use SageTV and I have the latest plug in from this site...happens whether or not Sage is open.

Postby jrhees » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:12 am

This still may be a type of IR collision. Try an extreme amount of delay in a multi-group so that the Girder transmission is separated by several seconds from the IR code reception. This will help determine *for sure* if its some sort of collision issue.

Other things to remember in this test:

1. Make sure the repeat count is set comfortably high. Even if the 'test command' is working OK, the repeat count might need to be a bit higher if the Aiwa is getting desensitized by the prior IR from your Hauppage remote.

2. Make sure when pressing the Hauppage button to initiate the command that you only press it for a moment, so as to avoid any potential collision.

Another thing to try in case there is some sort of hold-off period in the Aiwa's logic is to shield the Aiwa from the Hauppage remote when pressing the button.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:11 am

Jon-

I must be doing something wrong--none of the suggestions made any difference, but I did discover that if I double click the hauppage button that the power would toggle on and off on the Aiwa reciever. How can I set this to 1 button press to get the on/off toggle?

Also, the learned USB-UIRT code that it transmits to the Aiwa reciever is on the line for code 1 and the line for code 2.

Thanks-

Postby jrhees » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:14 am

Hmmm... I'm confused too. Perhaps watching the LED on the front of the USB-UIRT will yield some clues. By default this LED will light both when the USB-UIRT receives IR as well as when it is transmitting. You can selectively turn off receive and transmit LED indications in the USB-UIRT configuration screen.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting