Echostar Remote learning and 56KHX (again)

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Echostar Remote learning and 56KHX (again)

Postby glennpt » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:23 pm

After reading a lot of post I am thoughly confused. I am trying to lean the codes from my Echostar 370 remote for my Dish 301 reciever. The USBIRT doesn't light up or acknowdege that it has recieved the code so I am assuming I am faced with the 56Khz problem. My confusion lies in the fact that I get the impression that the new USRIURT can learn 56KHZ codes. Is this true or not? :? Can I do something with pronto codes since all I have to do is transmit. Any help on exactly what I must do would be appreciated. I am getting too many difrent answers from the postings.
thanks
glennpt

Postby jrhees » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:04 am

GlennPT,

The USB-UIRT (both versions) *can* learn 56KHz codes. When the USB-UIRT is in learn mode, it uses a special sensor which is very short range. So, your first goal is to get the LED to light during the learn process. Some remotes require being held at different distances to get the Learn process to work. Try the following:

1. In Girder, go into the USB-UIRT Learn screen.
2. Aim your remote *just to the left* of the RED LED on the USB-UIRT, about 3 inches away.
3. Press and HOLD a remote button. If the USB-UIRT LED doesn't begin to blink, try moving closer or farther away and repeat.

Let me know what you find,

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting