USB-UIRT + Girder

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT + Girder

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:03 am

I am trying to use girder 3.2 and the USB-UIRT to power on/off my tv. I set up a command to receive a button signal from my remote. I then set up a command to transmit the IR signal to power down the tv--this works with the test function.

I then used the "goto" command to tell the recieved remote function to goto the transmit function.

When I run this, I have to press the remote button twice to execute the desired function and it works. But, it seems like it should be one click on the remote and the tv powers down. The folks at the girder forum suggested I post over here.

Postby jrhees » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:38 am

My guess is one of three things are going wrong here:

1) The TV's power IR code is a 'toggling' code -- if this is the case, you can try the 'Test' button several times to verify if this isn't the case -- you'll know if 'Test' works every time.

2) The event (and hence the Goto) isn't being triggered by your other remote button every time -- the way to see if this is the case is to leave Girder screen visible and watch the status bar and left part of the Girder window -- if the code is received, you'll see Girder highlight the command. If your remote button is producing alternating codes, you'll see different codes appear in the Girder window each time you press the button.

3) You incoming remote button's IR is 'colliding' with the transmitted IR -- to see if this is the case, you can either a) put a 'Delay' before the transmit (by creating a multiGroup) or b) you can change the Transmit command's settings by selecting the 'Wait for IR Inactivity' setting the USB-UIRT dialog and specify a time to wait. This causes the plugin to make sure the air is 'clear' of IR activity for a specified period of time before transmitting the code.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:20 pm

Looks like #2 is what is happening. When I press the remote button once it enters a code [not the one to activate the command], when I press it again the proper code is entered and it highlights the proper grider command.

Guess I am confused as to how to correct this. Any advice?

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:37 pm

OK...fixed this now. I have 2 codes that are coming off my remote. So, I created 1 command for each code that each point to the transmit code. Result is 1 click powers off the tv and 1 click powers on the tv.

Thanks again Jon for the help! :D

Return to Troubleshooting