doh

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

doh

Postby pdermody » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:26 am

So it seems that I need a little help.

I am testing this out on a laptop before jacking with the primary machine, but for the life of me I cant seem to make this thing work properly. I downloaded the 1.0/1.3.0 USB/FTDI driver, the 2.5 plugin, Girder 3.2.7b and 3.2.8, WinXP Pro SP1

Whenever I go into the settings for the plugin (after enabling the device, closing out Girder completely, and then restarting) and cut and paste some Pronto codes that addresses my test receiver (address 1 for Dish 301, confirmed in system info menu, also tried other address modes) into the import, with and without converting to rawcode - it doesnt work, but I can hit apply ok etc. However, if I put in the Pronto code that supposedly hits all the addresses for the receiver, and I tell it to convert to raw, it does work via the test button, but when I hit apply or ok Girder craters out (both 3.2.7b and 3.2.8). For grins I did cut and paste the converted code straight into the gml file and tried opening up Girder that way but it still crashes (issue with Girder?).

That is issue one, issue two now.

How can I just do some basic testing with the unit? I have tried to just learn misc commands straight from the remote, but it doesnt seem to work properly. The LED light blinks and what not, and the status bar goes up and down, and sometimes even completes, but when I try to test the command I just learned it doesnt seem to do anything. The LED yet blinks again, but the receiver is not responding (10 ft away or so). I did go through the various carrier values to see if it made any difference but it did not, as well as forcing learning of rawmode.

One other thing, occasionally the LED will go solid, and I will get a message that pops up and says that it did not receive an ACK from the UIRT, I hit ok, light is still solid, and about all I can do is unplug the unit and plug it back in.

Anyhow Sleep calls now,
Paul
pdermody

Return to Troubleshooting