Asus P4P800 and USB-UIRT

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Asus P4P800 and USB-UIRT

Postby BeRnA » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:32 pm

I bought a new PC with a Asus P4P motherboard, and in the boot time it beeps for each USB device you have... What hapen is many time the USB-UIRT is not detected and under Windows its apears as Unknown USB Device and a have to unplug and plug again to be correctly detected...
This only hapens with the USB-UIRT in this new motherboard... And I dont know why...

Thanks in advance.
BeRnA

Postby jrhees » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:39 pm

Hmmm, that's very strange. I've never heard of anything like that before. It might be worth checking the Bios settings to see if there are any USb options you can fiddle with. You might also check with to see if there are Bios updates available.

The reason I say this is because at Boot time the BIOS is responsible for enumerating USB devices (provided the BIOS is capable of it), but once Windows is loaded, the Windows driver handles USB enumeration. Perhaps in this case, the Bios is not enumearting USB devices properly... Some BIOS's allow you to turn off Bios support for USB (Bios support is only really there if you need to boot from a USB device or use a USB device before Windows OS loads).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Daniel » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:33 am

Just wanted to let you know that I also have a Asus P4P800 motherboard and it works like a charm, havent made any changes at all in the bios and it beeps for each usb device that is connected just like you said. And windows detects USBUIRT everytime I reboot.

Unfortunately I dont have a monitor to connect to the server at this point but will see if I can get hold of one then I could see what BIOS settings there is if you are interrested.
Daniel

Return to Troubleshooting