usbuirt/girder tutorial?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

usbuirt/girder tutorial?

Postby nakins » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:18 am

any usbuirt/girder tutorials on the web? I seem to be missing something from what i'm reading.
thanks
nakins

Postby jrhees » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:05 am

What specifically are you trying to do and perhaps we can better explain...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby nakins » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:06 am

I'm trying to record the power button from my pioneer amp remote. I have a group started and have a command started for "on/off". But from there, i'm clueless. My usbuirt led blinks while sending the 'on' signal.
thanks
nakins

Postby jrhees » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:35 am

Try this:

1. Hightlight the 'On/Off' command you've created.
2. Select the 'Plugins' tab
3. Hightlight the 'USB-UIRT Driver' line and click the 'Settings' button.
4. In the USB-UIRT screen, click the 'Learn' button.
5. The Learn dialog will pop up -- make sure the 'Learn as Raw' box is CHECKED.
6. Aim your remote at the USB-UIRT about 2-4" away, aiming the remote just to the left of the USB-UIRT's red LED.
7. PRESS AND HOLD the Power button on your remote. The USB-UIRT LED should start blinking continuously.
8. The progress bar on the Learn screen will move up to 100% and the window will automatically close.
9. When learning is complete, Press the 'Test' button on the USB-UIRT screen and see if your learned command works.

Let me know how this goes.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:02 am

Thanks Jon,
I got it to work, but messed it up. I guess I need to get mainlobby now. If you know of a different frontend beside mainlobby, I'd like to know. I also have a suggestion. I would have liked to have seen a internal usbuirt that could fit into a 3.5 drive bay (maybe even with a usb and firewire port, and a pci slot thing to connect extra emitters to on the back of the pc, but a drill could take care of that).
Thanks for a great gizmo and your help. :D

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:05 am

actually, I think you and the guy that makes those led vcd's for htpc cases needs to get together and make a combined unit :wink:

Postby jrhees » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:06 am

You make an interesting point ... I don't know about all of the other USB/Firewire connectors, etc., but a simple 3.5" bay replacement would be a solid piece of dark red or black (like on the USB-UIRT) IR plastic which fills the entire drive area. This might look really nice on the newer black cases, etc.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting