Optimal Volume Control using Girder/USB-UIRT

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Optimal Volume Control using Girder/USB-UIRT

Postby huntrm » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:50 pm

Here's my setup:

- Girder 3.2.9
- USB UIRT Plugin 2.5.8, Firmware V5.6
- Phillips MediaCenterEdition Remote

I've programmed girder to receive both volume up and volume down remote codes. My settings are:
- Girder anti-repeat wait time: 100ms
- USBUIRT Plugin: Repeat = 4, Wait 0ms of IR activity before Action, Pause Girder until transmission/action is finished, FineTune Thresh/Speed = Middle setting

Am pressing volume up/down on my remote, and then Girder/USB-UIRT plugin are transmitting my receiver IR codes for volume up. It's working fine, but isn't optimal particularly when holding down the volume up/down.

Does anybody have any advice/experience in setting this optimally in Girder using USB-UIRT? Thanks.
huntrm

Postby jrhees » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:27 pm

huntrm,

This is a tough problem to get around. What you're experiencing is the issue with 'IR collisions'. Since both your remote you're using to trigger the event and the USB-UIRT to control (via IR) your receiver, for things to work you must have only one thing (either your remote or USB-UIRT) transmitting at any given time.

Does this make sense?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby huntrm » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:52 pm

Jon -

Yes, makes perfect sense. I've read up on the issues/problems that people have faced with this. I was wondering what were optimal settings, or does anybody have suggestions based on my current settings.

Wondering if any plugin settings could be adjusted that would make this a better experience. So far, I've got repeat code set to 4, but I'm thinking of doubling it.

Thanks.
huntrm

Return to Troubleshooting