SageTV Conflicting With / Disabling USB-UIRT?

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

SageTV Conflicting With / Disabling USB-UIRT?

Postby mjl » Mon May 29, 2006 7:39 pm

I installed one brand new USB-UIRT suffix Z unit into Windows XP Home SP2. The UIRT is listed in the WinXP Device Manager as "working".

The LRNHelper.exe utility is started. When the LRNHelper is in learn mode LRNHelper indicates that the IR signals from the Dish Network JVC301 IR remote are being received and that the UIRT is functioning. I close the LRNHelper.

I enter SageTV v5.0.2 and "add a source". A few SageTV dialogue boxes later I arrive at a SageTV dialogue box with the following text,

"Please point the JVC301 remote control at the window on the front of the USB-UIRT tranceiver. Press and hold down the "0" button on the remote control until told to release"

When I initially press the "0" button to hold it down the red indicator light on the front of the USB-UIRT gives me one, bright, 0.5 second duration flash and then no more indicator flashes occur as I continue to hold down the "0" key for the next two minutes. The dialogue box never changes from displaying the message,

"Please point the JVC301 remote control at the window on the front of the USB-UIRT tranceiver. Press and hold down the "0" button on the remote control until told to release"

At this point I give up on the learn process and release the remote "0" button. In order to clear the dialogue box I have to push the window close "X" in the right upper corner of the dialogue box and SageTV shuts down. BTW Clicking the context menu from the mouse while the dialogue box is displayed brings up a new dialogue box asking me if I want to see videos on the menu; the box is then cleared with the escape key. This indicates that SageTV has not locked up.

The LRNHelper is restarted and I check to see if the LRNHelper can receive signals from the USB-UIRT. The LRNHelper is no longer able to receive signals from the USB-UIRT while I am pushing buttons on the remote.

The JVC301.ir file in the SageTV directory has only one line. No IR codes have been added to the file, consistant with the lockup of SageTV.

The computer is rebooted and the same chain of events is repeated.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a driver conflict between SageTV v5.0.2 and the latest USB-UIRT v1.4 drivers?

Thanks in advance
mjl

System
Dedicated DVR system: AthlonXP 2200+ - 1GB DDR 266MHz RAM - 2X Maxtor SATA150 HDD - KT880 VIA MoBo Chipset - 5X PCI Slots - 1X PVR350 - 2X PVR150 - 1X PVR150MCE - AGP 8X Geforce 2 Video - PLayback through PVR350 TV Out only - Sage v5.0.2 - WinXP SP2
mjl

Postby jrhees » Tue May 30, 2006 3:08 am

It is possible that your remote does not continuously send out a signal when a button is held, but instead generates a 'burst'. To verify this, run LrnHelper and click the 'Learn IR' button. Then position the remote and press and hold the '0' button. See if the learn progress bar moves all the way across or if it moves a little and then stops. Please report what you see.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Response to jrhhees Post: Mon May 29, 2006 10:08 pm

Postby mjl » Tue May 30, 2006 4:04 pm

DVR system is cold booted and LrnHelper.exe v0.0.2 is started. The "Learn an IR code" button is pressed. The "0" button on the Dish Network IR remote model 103602 is pressed and held down. Immediately the USB-UIRT indicator lamp lights and stays lit for one, long, second, then goes out and stays out while the "0" button on the remote remains depressed.

The "Learn Progress" status bar quickly and progressively fills from left to right in what appears to be 3 steps. The "Signal Quality" indicator blinks three times indicating qualities of full scale and one bar short of full scale. In approximately 2 seconds LrnHelper exits learn mode and the "Learn an IR code" button becomes available again and the "IR Code" text box is populated with codes.

The LrnHelper proceeds through the same chain of events no matter which key on the IR remote is pressed and held down. Note: When any key is pressed and held down on the IR remote the "SAT" button indicator light on the IR remote remains lit and goes out one second after any button on the IR remote is released.

The carrier frequency is indicated as being between 57.2-57.4kHz no matter which button is pressed.

The "USB-UIRT Info" field indicates:
FirmwareVer=5.2 ProVer=1.1
FirmwareDate= 3/26/2004

The "Received UIR Event Code" text box continues to display 190002000AC0 no matter which key on the remote is pressed.

Thanks in advance
mjl

System
Dedicated DVR system: AthlonXP 2200+ - 1GB DDR 266MHz RAM - 2X Maxtor SATA150 HDD - KT880 VIA MoBo Chipset - 5X PCI Slots - 1X PVR350 - 2X PVR150 - 1X PVR150MCE - AGP 2X Geforce 2 Video - PLayback through PVR350 TV Out only - Sage v5.0.2 - WinXP SP2
mjl

Postby jrhees » Tue May 30, 2006 8:42 pm

It appears that you are able to successfully learn codes using lrnHelper (you can verify this by using the 'Transmit' button in lrnHelper once you've learned a button to test the code).

Some users have reported problems with Sage's learn wizard when Sage is running in 'Run as Service' mode.

Alternatively, you can request a Dish .IR file from support@usbuirt.com

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Service Mode versus User Mode

Postby Guest » Tue May 30, 2006 9:43 pm

I will try running SageTV as a user application and not as a Windows XP service and see if I am able to learn with SageTV.

I requested the Dish Network.ir file from support@usbuirt.com as suggested.

Thanks,
mjl

Dedicated DVR system:
AthlonXP 2200+ - 1GB DDR 266MHz RAM - 2X Maxtor SATA150 HDD - KT880 VIA MoBo Chipset - 5X PCI Slots - 1X PVR350 - 2X PVR150 - 1X PVR150MCE - AGP 8X Geforce 2 Video - PLayback through PVR350 TV Out only - Sage v5.0.2 - WinXP SP2

Return to Troubleshooting