UISBUIRT does not transmit any IR codes

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

UISBUIRT does not transmit any IR codes

Postby sp33dk1ng » Sun May 28, 2006 5:09 pm

If I set USB UIRT action, in transmit IR command and I press the learn IR codes button the menu pops up, I press any key on the remote control, but it does not allow me to accept the burst, nothing happens.

I can learn IR codes, but if I try to transmit the learned codes the transmitter light turns on (does not burst) for a while, but I am certain nothing has been sent!

Going to UIS-UIRT configuration, and select the remote wakeup tab, I can learn, and a similar menu pops up, as above, and everything seems well. I copy the learned code into the main window for transmission and press the test transmit button, this results in the LED lighting up (no burst) and nothing else happens, again I think nothing has been transmitted!

Who has any clue, is the hardware broke?
sp33dk1ng

Postby jrhees » Mon May 29, 2006 12:16 pm

When performing a 'LEARN' in the Action dialog, the USB-UIRT must perform a detailed learn of the IR signal. This requires the USB-UIRT to switch to a special short-range IR 'learn' receiver. Thus, you must hold your remote close to the USB-UIRT as follows:

Position your remote 2-4 inches away from the face of the USB-UIRT, aimed directly into the face of the USB-UIRT at a spot just to the left of the red LED. Then, press and hold the button you are learning.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting