Learning X10 IR Codes

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

Postby AirPost » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:48 am

The led on the USB-UIRT does not flash at all when I try to teach it but on the Learn Progress bar in the Girder plugin, the bar goes up and down from 0 to about 25 - 30 % but doesn't complete no matter how long I press the button. If I go to IR debug, it shows me a bunch of codes that I can copy. I tried to paste the copied codes but still no go. Can you tell me how you disabled the RF mode on your remote?
AirPost

Postby jrhees » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:43 pm

If you're seeing the progress bar move some then you must be getting some IR...

If the LED on the USB-UIRT is not blinking try moving the remote either further away or closer and repeating the Learn. The LED will not illuminate if the signal is way too strong or weak.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby AirPost » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:20 pm

Thanks Jon.

It seems that I can program my x10 remote to use IR instead of RF by using code 998 instead of 999. Anyways, changing it to IR mode, USB-UIRT was able to learn the codes just fine. My only problem now is that the x10 transceiver only accepts RF signals so will just need to purchase either an IR X10 transceiver or a firecracker module (which Im currently bidding on at Ebay for $6.00). Sorry for the trouble, should have done more research first before posting here.

Thanks again.

AirPost
AirPost

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting