USB UIRT not working after bios upgrade

Having problems? Use this forum to find help!

Moderator: jrhees

USB UIRT not working after bios upgrade

Postby sdumas » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:22 am

Hi all,

I upgraded to the latest version of bios and girder plugin and now the USB UIRT is not responding anymore.

Any one else has seen this problem?

I upgraded to Girder 3.2.9b and 2.59 of plugin as well as the latest bios.

When Girder starts it gives me a message saying that the communication with the USBUIRT could not be established.

(Win2K pro - Pentium 4 - 1.5 gig - 512 meg of RAM)

Tried to remove the USB drivers to no avail. The USB UIRT is working properly as far as Windows Device Manager is concerned. When I press on a remote control button - the red light is flashing, but when Girder starts it can't find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sylvain Dumas
sdumas

Postby jrhees » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:32 am

Sylvain,

When you say 'latest bios' do you mean latest FIRMWARE? If using plugin 2.5.9 you'll want to be using firmware 5.4. Did you perform the flash update of the firmware?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby sdumas » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:52 pm

Sorry,

Yes, I meant FirmWare - 5.4 is the firmware/bios I installed, downloaded from the combined package; Firmware/Plugin.

Sylvain
sdumas

Postby jrhees » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:29 pm

Sylvain,

Please try reflashing your firmware. Also, please make sure you are actually using the 2.5.9 plugin (you can check this by going into Girder->Settings->Plugins tab and highlighting the USB-UIRT plugin and looking at the version reported on Girder's screen).

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:17 am

jrhees wrote:Sylvain,

Please try reflashing your firmware. Also, please make sure you are actually using the 2.5.9 plugin (you can check this by going into Girder->Settings->Plugins tab and highlighting the USB-UIRT plugin and looking at the version reported on Girder's screen).

-Jon

I am having the exact same problem as described above. I am flashed for 5.4, 2.5.9 plugin on girder 3.2.9

Postby jrhees » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:34 am

Contact support@usbuirt.com and we'll debug this issue.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Same problem here

Postby BadLeroy2000 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:29 pm

I just recieved my USB-UIRT and it was working in BTV but not Girder with the newest plug-in. I then flashed the firmware and it's not working in either now. Windows device manager says its working properly and I've reflashed the firmware, and re-installed the drivers and still nothing. Please help!!
BadLeroy2000

Postby sdumas » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:40 am

It must have been something stuck in the registry somewhere.

I reinstalled the OS and it started to work again.

(that was a long time ago) I did not have to reflash the box and it has been very stable since.
sdumas

Postby jmcclain » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:17 am

I just got a new USB-UIRT (last week). How can I tell what Firmware I have? I assume it is the latest at 5.4.

Thanks,

-JM
jmcclain

Postby jrhees » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:35 am

jmmclain,

If you recently received it, it will likely have >5.4 firmware on it.

In any case, you can check firmware version by going into the USB-UIRT dialog in Girder, clicking 'Configuration' and then choosing the 'About' tab.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting