trouble setting up w/ Dish 301 in Sagetv 4.1, transmit only

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

trouble setting up w/ Dish 301 in Sagetv 4.1, transmit only

Postby area123 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:54 am

The usb-uirt seemed to install ok, but I don't even know if it is working. When I get to the Sagetv source setup and it asks to press the 0 button until told to stop, nothing happens. I'm pointing my remote directly at the device. It is a uhf remote but I'm pretty sure it also sends out IR signals.

Any ideas at all are appreciated.

thanks.
area123

Postby jrhees » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:22 am

Make sure the remote (while learning) is positioned somewhere between 2 and 6 inches from the USB-UIRT, aimed directly into the face of the USB-UIRT at a spot just to the left of the red LED.

You can also download and run lrnHelper www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_2.zip to get familiar with this process.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:17 am

jrhees wrote:Make sure the remote (while learning) is positioned somewhere between 2 and 6 inches from the USB-UIRT, aimed directly into the face of the USB-UIRT at a spot just to the left of the red LED.

You can also download and run lrnHelper www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_2.zip to get familiar with this process.

-Jon

Now I have another problem. It doesn't even blink anymore when I point an IR device at it, and my sagetv gets an error that it failed setting the IR transmitter port.

I'm thinking that I have a bad unit. Who knows, being packaged so nicely in a ziplock baggy and sliding around loose in the box.

This is so frustrating, it shouldn't be this difficult.

Postby jrhees » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:22 pm

Have you contacted support on this?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation