Pace dsr2000 *almost* working

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Pace dsr2000 *almost* working

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:27 pm

Ijust purchased a Snapstream BeyondTV and USB-UIRT. I'm trying to control a Sky decoder, the Pace Dsr2000.

I've got it almost working. For some reason it has problems with channel 3.

Other channel changes seem OK, though not exactly solid.

I've tried various combinations of pauses, from 200 to 1000, and repeats, from 1 to 8, with no luck. I've tried various transmitter distance, from pressing up against decoder to 2" away.

The Pace dsr2000 is not listed. Is there an equivalent IR codes, or are there any tips regarding training?

Thanks

Additional info

Postby kenyarb » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:55 pm

I posted the post above.

By the way it's for Sky Sattellite, AKA Australia Foxtel
kenyarb

Postby jrhees » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:42 pm

You may have more luck working on training individual codes outside of the Snapstream wizard. You can do this with the lrnHelper utility: www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_2.zip

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

How to import

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:02 am

I guess I can edit..copy...paste the proto codes somewhere, if I knew where?

Any idea how I get these into SnapStream? The wizard has "unlisted", but it takes you into their training module.

It doesn't support girder, or command shells.

It's not apparantly stored in the registry, but in some proprietary config files.

I'm close to giving up. :cry:

Postby jrhees » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:56 pm

If you can learn/test codes successfully in lrnHelper, you can get them into BTV in two different ways:

1. BTV stores their IR codes in files ending with .RMT. Simply edit one of these files with a text editor and paste your code in place of the codes already there.

2. Let BTV go into its wizard and have lrnHelper running at the same time. When BTV tries to learn a code, *instead* of aiming your remote and pressing a button, paste a code into lrnHelper and click the 'Inject IR Code' button.

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Got it sorted

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:11 pm

Thanks for your assistance. I did eventually get it sorted. A saint on the BeyondTV forum gave me the appropriate RMT file.

I could never get "3" or "4" to work, even after building a rig and as many variations on angle and distance as I could come up with.

Anyhow, it's sorted now.

Return to Installation