Can this be used as a learning 'remote'

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Can this be used as a learning 'remote'

Postby gossman » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:12 pm

I have Beyond TV 4 with a PVR-150

The set top box I have is not used by many (Armed Forces Network Satellite Reciever -- a Scientific Atlantic PowerVu). The IR blaster that comes with the PVR-150 cannot control the set top box.

Can the USB-UIRT be configured to 'learn' the remote that I have and then configure Beyond TV to use these codes?

I have no idea if it is 56KHz or not. I do know that the remote model number is RM-9234 (I found this on the back of the remote).

Anyone have any ideas? Right now, I have to ensure the satellite is set to the correct channel to record, and if I am away, I record the wrong show.

John
gossman

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:03 am

Most people use the USB-UIRT this way so you should have no problem learning the codes from the tuner and using in with Sage.

I dunno if it's 56k or not, but better safe than sorry. It only adds $5 to the cost.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:56 pm

Im trying to control a Motorola Satellite Receiver box, in sagetv Im able to 'learn' the code from my original remote control, but when I try to blast the command to the receiver from the blaster, it wont get regoznized... the unit has a the extra module for dish receiver. In case it uses another frequency for IR, is there a way I can mod this unit to adjust to control that box too?? (its for a mexican sat service, SKY)

Postby jrhees » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:43 am

I would suggest downloading lrnHelper and seeing if you can learn/replay a code to you Mot receiver: www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_2.zip

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Remote RM9234

Postby Zerok » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:Most people use the USB-UIRT this way so you should have no problem learning the codes from the tuner and using in with Sage.

I dunno if it's 56k or not, but better safe than sorry. It only adds $5 to the cost.

Dear Gossman, if you have the remote control RM9234 maybe I will can buy it.
Zerok :?:
Zerok

Return to Installation