Are girls welcome too here with questions? ;)

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Are girls welcome too here with questions? ;)

Postby wendyiscool! » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:13 pm

Hi all!

I m Wendy from Holland! First of all I want to apologise for my bad English....

I just purchased the lastest USB-UIRT device. The purpose of it will be to comtrol TheaterTek (dvd software player) with my Logitech Harmony Remote 525. I installed the USB-UIRT device well and also downloaded the file latestGirderPlugin.zip. But now what :?: :?:
I don t know how to set it up and learn my Logitech Remote some commands of TheaterTek.....

Can someone give me advise/any tips?

Thanks for all help!

gr. from the Netherlands......
wendyiscool!

Postby jrhees » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:41 pm

Wendy,

Since TheaterTek does not directly support the USB-UIRT, you will need to have another app (in your case, Girder), send keypresses to Theatertek when it sees incoming IR codes.

What you'll need to do first is create several commands in Girder (one for each different function) and name them Play, Stop, Skip, etc.

Then, you'll need to assign an action to each command to send a Keypress to target window TheaterTek with the right keyboard button.

I *think* you can find a template Girder file on Theatertek's site with all of these command already set up.

Once you have the commands created and tested (you can right-click on a command and choose 'Test Command' to verify they control Theatertek properly), you will need to assign IR events to them. Choose a command and click the 'Learn' button and Girder will wait for an IR event. Aim your remote at the USB-UIRT and press the appropriate button and Girder should assign that IR event to the highlighted command.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation