GBPVR DirecTV and H20

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

GBPVR DirecTV and H20

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:23 pm

Hello
First off I am new to these forums and new to pvr setups. I have a couple of questions that I was wondering if someone here could lend some input on. I have a Hauppage pvr 150 retail pci card with remote along with GBPVR software and am trying to get the ir blaster to change the channel for timeshift recording.
The box that I have is the newer mpeg4 DirecTV model H20. I recently upgraded to the HD package from DirecTV. I have tried numerous times to configure the packaged ir blaster from Hauppage and the box will not respond to anything I seem to try. So
1. Will USB-UIRT solve this problem ?
2. What exactly would be correct placement position for the remote stick-on emitter. ( I have tried directly on top of the recieving eye and just above it so far)
Sorry if the questions don't make any sense but as I said I am new to this.
Thanks in advance.
Current setup: Hauppage 150 retail pci, GBPVR, DirecTV H20 Satellite reciever S - Video out along with line audio out.

Follow up

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:34 pm

As a followup here is a link from the DirecTV site to a pdf manual for the H20 reciever. http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System ... H20_UG.pdf

Postby jrhees » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:36 pm

The USB-UIRT should be able to handle this. I have heard from other users that the GBPVR integration for the USB-UIRT is just 'okay' but some users have written their own batch files to change channels, etc.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation