Customizable program to simulate Remote Control on screen?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Customizable program to simulate Remote Control on screen?

Postby Heiko_Heider » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:25 pm

Hello,

I'm using USBUIRT not to control my PC, but only to send IR commands from my PC to my Home Theather Equipment.
I tried using GIRDER, and it works fine. But I think it is not perfectly suitable for my kind of use. For example, when I want to send a 2-digit channel number on my Digital Satellite Receicer, it takes me to long to do 2 right clicks on the corresponding commands and click "Test Command" to make GIRDER transmit that IR command.
Does anyone here know a tool that has a user interface with customizable clickable buttons? I mean such Windows-like buttons as "OK" or "Cancel", which I can easily give names to (for example "Sony On/Off", "Sony 1", "Sony 2", ...) and assign a corresponding, learned IR command which is sent via USBUIRT on click.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Heiko
Heiko_Heider

Postby Bitmonster » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:12 pm

If you have some knowledge of HTML you can do this with EventGhost and its webserver-plugin and USB-UIRT-plugin.

BTW: A big part of the EventGhost-Community speaks german.
Bitmonster

Postby Heiko_Heider » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:35 pm

Hi Bitmonster,

thanks for your reply.

Bitmonster wrote:If you have some knowledge of HTML you can do this with EventGhost and its webserver-plugin and USB-UIRT-plugin.

OK, I'll have a look at that for sure.
Googling I also found this:
http://www.meedio.com/products/housebot/index.html
I think this is exactly what I need. I gave it a try last night and got some basic funtions to work, but I think this is a very powerful tool (which also offers programming-like functions which makes it complicated again).
It also has native USB-UIRT support.

Is my English that bad that you recognized a German accent in it?
I'm (very) scared <g>.

Heiko
Heiko_Heider

Postby Bitmonster » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:47 pm

Heiko_Heider wrote:

Is my English that bad that you recognized a German accent in it?
I'm (very) scared <g>.

Heiko

Well, your English looks better than mine, but your name didn't. :)

EventGhost's potential goes far beyond such easy task as creating some "virtual remote", but as soon as you can get your layout done in HTML, you are nearly ready. You only have to assign some USB-UIRT-actions to the events and EventGhost will do the rest for you.

If you can make buttons with Visual Basic for example, you could also use this, as EventGhost also has an ActiveX interface.
Bitmonster

Return to Installation