XP installed USB-UIRT wrong?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

XP installed USB-UIRT wrong?

Postby TheraEdge » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:20 am

I have just updated to Windows XP on my Sage TV machine and it doesn't recognize that the USB-UIRT is installed and functioning. It was listed in the hardware prior to installation as USB-UIRT and I installed it and it seemed to install properly, but when I got into sage to reassign all my remote functions, it would not recognize that I was actually using the remote. The UIRT was still blinking when I used the remote, so the remote and UIRT seem to be working correctly. The issues seems to be when I went back to hardware to find it, I couldn't find where it was until I looked under Universal Serical Bus controllers. For some reason it got installed here, and it is listed as "USB-UIRT Device" It says it is working properly...any help with getting it working would be appreciated. Thanks.
TheraEdge

Postby jrhees » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:36 pm

You may want to try donwloading and running the lrnHelper app www.usbuirt.com/lrnhelper_0_0_2.zip and see if it gives you an error message.
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:39 am

I was just about to try that, when I thought maybe I was out of resources or something stupid, so I would try yanking a card out of my packed computer and see if I could get the UIRT working without it...I'm not sure if it really changed something, but it allowed me to tell sage to activate it and it responded to the inputs this time...so I readded my other tuner and all seems well...Thank you for the help though...

Return to Installation