USB-UIRT + Streamzap

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT + Streamzap

Postby fallenrelics » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:04 am

can i connect the usb-uirt with streamzap
fallenrelics

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:11 am

Sorry for being so vague but i wasnt sure if i can post without a profile. Anyway, i wanted to make sure i understand the process before i go out and buy these devices. I am planning on using the usb-uirt w/o the 56KHzs Sensor and Streamzaps remote to recieve and transmit tunning for my cablebox. I am confused on how usb-uirt transmits the channel back to the cablebox without any connection. And i am also confued on how Streamzap can communicate with usb-uirt when streamzap uses an if usb cable.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:23 am

actually i just read that usb-uirt can work with the remotes i already have for my devices, does this include the cablebox remote controller as well. and if so i still dont need the 56Khz sensor i presume.

Postby jrhees » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:12 am

Yes this is correct. Also, you will not need the 56KHz option if you do not plan to use the USB-UIRT as an IR receiver but only as a transmitter. If you *do* plan on using the USB--UIRT as a receiver, then you'll need the 56KHz option *IF* the remote you plan on using is 56KHz-based (like those from Dish and Sci. Atlanta)

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:32 am

thank you, i tried calling cablevision three times to find out what frequency their remote worked on, but they never understood me. I might just use both remotes because im sure thier benefits to both.

Return to Installation