USBUIRT and girder

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

USBUIRT and girder

Postby skydancer11 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:57 pm

I can't figure it out how to send IR to control my AV gear.
I have no problem receive a pre learned ir code I just don;t know how to send...
please help :cry:
skydancer11

Postby jrhees » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:52 am

To send IR, you will want to create a 'Command' in Girder.

In the main Girder screen, right-click in the tree and choose New Command.

Then, with the new command highlighted, click the 'Plugins' tab and choose 'USB-UIRT Driver'. Then click the 'Settings' button and the USB-UIRT Dialog will appear. Click the 'Learn' button on this dialog.

Position the remote you want to emulate approx 4 inches from the face of the USB-UIRT, aimed into the face of the USB-UIRT at a spot just to the left of the red LED. Press and HOLD the button you want to emulate -- you'll see Learn progress (takes a second or two).

To test your learned code, click the 'Test Transmit' button and see if the code is recognized by your A/V gear.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Girder 4

Postby skydancer11 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:34 pm

Thanks BUT:
I'm using girder 4 b-10 with the latest plugin and i don't see the usb-uirt setting in the action tab. (i do have it available on the plugin setting)
please advice.
skydancer11

Postby jrhees » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:09 am

skydancer,

Recently, Girder updated its plugin API in the latest G4 betas but Ron forgot to include the latest G4 USB-UIRT plugin (ver 3.2). You will need that version of the plugin (you may request it from support@usbuirt.com until it becomes available as part of the G4 install)

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation