PC Power on capability?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

PC Power on capability?

Postby Issac » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:05 am

Is their a way to use the USB-URIT to turn the computer on or bring it on from sleep state?
Issac Simchayof
Issac

Postby jrhees » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:12 am

Yes,

The USB-UIRT has the ability to store in Flash four IR codes which can issue a USB 'wake' to the host PC. This can wake a PC from S1 (standby) and on some motherboards S3 (deep standby) as well.

You can access these wake-up settings either with the Girder plugin or by requesting the lrnHelper app from support@usbuirt.com

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Issac » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:07 pm

I usually have my PC in hibernate mode which I think is considered S4.

When I use normal Standby in WinXP my PC keeps waking up all by it self a minute later.

My motherboard is an Intel D865GLCLK which the manual says it has wake on USB in S1 and S3.

I will play with my Bios settings over the weekend any S3. Any suggestions on what to look for will be appreciated.
Issac Simchayof
Issac

Postby Downunder » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:18 am

As all I want to do at this stage is to place the PC into suspend mode and then awaken it could this be done without Girder and just using the lrnHelper app, with the IR codes stored in Flash ?
Downunder

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:27 am

Yes, you don't need Girder or any other app for the wake-up to work. However, you *do* need Girder or lrnHelper to get the IR code into the flash's four IR slots.

Jon

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:50 am

Yes, you don't need Girder or any other app for the wake-up to work. However, you *do* need Girder or lrnHelper to get the IR code into the flash's four IR slots.

Jon whats required to do this in another app...Just that i sue xPL which is a free HA Software and has a USBUIRT Plugin and this might be a useful feature ....

Thanks
Frank

Postby jrhees » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:54 pm

Frank,

Currently I suggest using the lrnHelper utility then. It is free and only needs to be run to set up the slots.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby vman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:08 am

What about powering on the motherboards that supply +5V to the USB ports when the computer is completly shutdown and support Wake on USB fro mthat point? I don't know what mode that would be, maybe S5? but basically the only thing that is "on" is the power switch on the back of the power supply.

I have a motherboard that will wake up from a complete shutdown after a preconfigured key is pressed or Mouse button is pressed and thats from USB.

I'd really like to know if anyone had success with any motherboards that support this kind of wakeup or if USB-UIRT could actually emulate a space bar or mouse click, if so that would work.
vman

Postby vman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:52 am

My previous post is inaccurate. The motherboard allows me to power on from complete off when using a PS2 keyboard or mouse. It does supply +5V usb power for the suspend modes.
vman

Return to Installation