Control of Pace DC550P via "IR receive" port ?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Control of Pace DC550P via "IR receive" port ?

Postby gerhard911 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:40 pm

Hello,

I have recently purchased a USB-UIRT along with BeyondTV and am extremely pleased with the DVR functionality this has added to my HTPC.

I do have two issues that I have done some Forum searches on without finding solutions:

1) Due to difficulties with mounting the USB-UIRT with clear line of sight alignment to my Pace DC550P digital cable box, I would like to use the IR transmitter port (1/8" phono plug) on the back of the USB-UIRT to feed control signals into the Pace. It has an 1/8" phono jack labeld "IR receive" that is supposed to take IR input from a remote "eye". I tried using both mono and stereo 1/8" cables with no success. I assume this port is activated but could not find any options for it in either the "settings" or "diagnostics" mode. I understand I could use a stick on emitter but I was looking for a more elegant solution.

2) The USB-UIRT does not seem to work when connected to a D-Link DUB-H4 USB 2.0 hub. No problems when it's connected directly to one of the PC's USB ports. This is an externally powered 4 port hub that works fine with other devices (LaCie USB 2.0 external drives). I also tried with only the USB-UIRT connected without success. In all cases the unit seemed to work in "learn" mode but would not emitt any signals from the BeyondTV Setup test mode.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

TIA,

Rick
gerhard911

Postby jrhees » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:58 pm

Rick,

Regarding the hub -- the only problem I can imagine is perhaps the hub is not switched to external power mode (some hubs have a little switch on them). You could request the lrnHelper app from support@usbuirt.com to help see what's going on...

As far as the IR in port, unless you can get more detail about the electrical specs, etc. of the port from Pace, you'll have to go with pure trial and error.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby gerhard911 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:42 am

Jon, thanks for the prompt reply.

The hub doesn't have any switches or configuration. I requested the lrnHelper app as suggested. If I can't figure it out I'll try D-Link support for an answer.

Support from my cable provider would be a frustrating dead end street so I'll take the easy way out and order an external emitter for the Pace box ;-)

Thanks again,
Rick
gerhard911

Return to Installation